Care Support Workers - Relief Contracts - Mayo Cheshire Services
Care Support Workers – Relief Panel Contracts – Mayo Cheshire Services
We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the above position. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative, and experienced with a passion for engaging with the people we support daily.
About Cheshire Ireland
Cheshire Ireland provides quality services to adults with physical, sensory, and neurological disabilities at a medium and high level of need. More information on our organisation can be found at https://www.cheshire.ie/
What we do
We provide individualised supports for people to meet their physical, psychological, and social care needs in an environment that encourages independence and promotes their rights and well-being. Our services provide a friendly, cooperative, and positive working environment within busy residential and community services. The right candidate will share our values and will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of the people we support.
How we work
Our services are based on clear principles of supporting people “one person at a time”. As a member of the team, you will be committed to high quality rights-based, person-centred service delivery, be willing to embrace change and help foster a culture of continuous improvement.
What you will do
You will support people with all aspects of their daily lives as per their individual needs and in accordance with their evolving personal plans to support them to live their best possible lives. You will be required to establish and maintain relationships with the people we support that are based on respect and equality and that promote their rights and independence. It is critical that when undertaking your work that you do so in a manner that is consistent with Cheshire Ireland’s values, operating ethos, and standards.
Who we are looking for:
· Hold or be in the process of undertaking a minimum of QQI Level 5 in Healthcare Support.
· Have experience in supporting people with disabilities.
· Driving license and willingness to drive for work.
· Desire for personal and professional development.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Eligibility to work in Ireland is essential.
· Good Standard of verbal and written English.
· Computer literate (experience with online care management systems an advantage).
· Personal integrity and trustworthiness.
· Positive attitude.
· Willing to embrace change and is committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement and learning throughout the service.
· Committed to the principles of rights-based, person-centred services.
Why work for us
· Flexibility in working hours.
· €14.70 - €17.08 per hour (based on experience).
· Premiums paid on unsocial hours.
· Career opportunities.
· Induction and ongoing training.
· Sick pay benefit.
· Company Pension Scheme.
· Maternity benefit.
· Bike/Cycle to work scheme.
· Employee assistance programme.
· Death in Service benefit for pension members.
· Employee Referral bonus.
Closing Date: - 15th of June 2023
Cheshire Ireland is an equal opportunity employer.
All successful candidates will be subject to vetting by the Garda National Vetting Bureau